An antioxidant is a particular ingredient that will help to prevent damage to skin cells from free radicals. To understand why that’s important one must understand what a free radical is. A free radical in the simplest terms is a molecule that has an unpaired electron. It is searching for something to pair up with…in this case a healthy skin cell!
Antioxidants help to prevent the damage to the cells by slowing or preventing the effect of free radicals, which start oxidation — a process that causes damage from oxygen that can lead to cell dysfunction. If you’ve seen a peeled apple turn brown, you’ve seen oxidation in action. As antioxidants block the effects of free radicals, they end up being oxidized.
This is why it’s important to constantly replenish your supply of antioxidants.
Here are the top 5 ways Antioxidants can help in skincare.
1. Anti-inflammation: One of the most desirable benefits of antioxidants in skin-care products is the calming of inflammation. Reducing inflammation helps to promote a more even skin tone and helps keep acne and wrinkles at bay.
2. Skin firming: Another top benefit of antioxidant skin care is skin firming. Antioxidants may actually reverse the effects of aging by improving skin health and rejuvenating its appearance, especially when combined with peptide therapies.
3. Reduced appearance of wrinkles: Although it is nearly impossible to make wrinkles disappear, skin-care products with antioxidants can help plump out the skin and make it appear more youthful, especially when combined with peptide therapies.
4. Scar treatment: Reducing the appearance of scar tissue is another important benefit of antioxidants in skin care. Scar tissue has a different cell structure than that of healthy skin, making it rigid. Many types of antioxidants, including the phytoantioxidants, help to increase blood flow to scar tissue, minimizing the look of the scar and blending in the development of new skin. These are even more powerful when used in conjunction with Epidermal Growth factors or (EGF). See SIRCUIT® OMG™ with EGF by going here.
5. Repair of sun damage: We all know that too much sun is dangerous, but it can also be bad for your skin’s appearance, drying it out and damaging your cells. Sun damage can also make skin appear tough and wrinkly. Antioxidants that stimulate blood flow in the skin can help encourage cellular regeneration. It is still essential to use preventative measures with the added use of natural sun protection products.
6. SIRCUIT® Addict™ is just one of the many products loaded with antioxidants and anti-aging ingredients.
To learn more go to www.SIRCUITSKIN.com.