The Secret To Avoiding Puffy Eyes
Have you ever slathered on eye cream, hoping for an overnight miracle for those pesky under-eye bags, only to wake up to puffy, irritated eyes?
Well … you’re not alone. Luckily for us The Beauty Department.com’s resident skincare expert, Amy Nadine, has the “Eye Cream Secret”.
Here’s a hint - it’s ALL in the application!!
The secret? “Just apply it 1/2 inch or so above your upper lashline and below your lower lashline, then while you’re sleeping, it will travel on its own and stop right around your crow’s feet, where you wanted it in the first place! Be sure to use your ring finger to apply it (it’s your weakest finger so you won’t pull too hard) and after making the dots, gently pat them in.”
Originally posted by The Beauty Department.com
For more skincare tips, updates, exclusive promotions & more:
How to Create a Fishtail Braid
Seems like everywhere we look, ladies are sporting low, side slung fishtail braids. What’s not to love about this boho chic look that channels’ your inner mermaid?
Get the look with the following steps:
Before Starting: For that messy, effortless look, skip brushing your hair prior to braiding and finger separate your locks.
- Sweep hair to one side and create a low ponytail with an elastic. (This is to make the braiding process easier. Use an elastic you won’t mind cutting off when braiding is complete.)
- Divide hair into two parts. (A and B)
- For lots of tiny plaits use smaller pieces of hair when passing them from side to side. For a chunkier look, use larger clumps of hair.
- Take a piece of hair from the outside of side A of your hair and pass it above and over to combine it with side B.
- Next, take a small piece of hair from side B and pass it above and over to combine with side A.
- Repeat these steps until the braid is complete. Be patient, this can feel time consuming the first time you try it but it gets easier!
- Tie ends with an elastic and cut off the first elastic.
Learning how to plait a fishtail braid can be frustrating, especially if you have layers in your hair that can make the process messy and confusing. To help prevent fly-aways from occurring, braid your hair while it’s still a little damp and wash with our Liquid Crystal™ shampoo and Crystal Crème™ conditioner.
Any other hair or beauty trends you’ve been itching to try? Let us know in the comments below.
How To: Get the Perfect Pout
No matter what your fashion style is, chapped, flakey lips is the last thing you want to be caught wearing as the weather gets drier this fall. Like our skin, our pouts deserve pampering as well, especially when the temperatures get chilly.
Keep your lips perfectly plump with some of these simple steps:
- Exfoliate: After brushing your teeth, use a soft toothbrush to remove dead skin cells from your lips by giving them a gentle scrub. Ladies who love to wear lipstick will notice that lip color will apply more evenly and appear less cakey with smoother lips.
- Hydrate and Treat: Moisturize your pucker before hitting the sheets by applying a lip treatment like our Suggah™ anti aging lip plumping treatment, packed with shea butter to protect and plump so you can wake up with a silky soft smooch.
- Don’t over apply before bed: Prevent breakouts from forming around your mouth by applying your lip treatment to only the center of your smooch and avoid applying glosses at night. Lip treatments and glosses continue to run after application and can creep onto your skin where you may not have intended for it to end up. Since they are formulated differently than a moisturizer for your face they can be the culprit for clogged pores.
- Maintain Moisture: Although we tend to only moisturize our skin morning and night, we shouldn’t limit our lips to that same regimen. We talk (some more than others), eat and move our lips constantly throughout the day, so it’s important to continue to re-hydrate your lips when they feel parched. Our intensely nourishing lip balms come in a variety of tantalizing flavors like mango-vanilla, peppermint-ginger and chocolate. Perfect for dry, damaged lips and so soothing and yummy, your lips will crave it.